Explore Inishowen CLG’s main function is to provide an exemplary service in terms of customer information for the visitor to our region. Marketing Inishowen as a top tourist destination; planning and co-ordinating the development of tourism within the area is paramount. Organisational objectives are:-
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure a successful and prosperous tourism sector for the peninsula tying in with countywide, cross border and national initiatives.
- Supporting the provision of a first rate experience for the visitor with examples of distinctive visitor experiences
- Promotion of the tourism products to maximise on future tourism trends, offering eco friendly product, rich in authenticity and memorable experiences with diverse activity that lead the way in terms of dynamic packaging for the next generation of tourists.
The ‘Go Visit Inishowen’ brand promotes the tourism product/service provision within the communities of Inishowen. The peninsula offers a fascinating history and cultural experience, Inishowen is Ireland’s secret jewel. Rich in rugged & breath taking landscape; it is unspoiled and displays a natural rugged beauty. The Inishowen Peninsula is an ideal destination for those seeking a range of visitor experiences that includes accommodation, attractions, culture, heritage and many outdoor activities.
Key objectives of marketing strategy:
- To develop the ‘Go Visit Inishowen’ brand and deploy targeted and effective 5 year strategic development plan.
- To use the latest in digital marketing technologies and trends to reach a wide online audience to promote Inishowen.
- To introduce a range of print media marketing material to compliment the online campaigns where possible for the visitor in the tourist office.
- To promote Inishowen at a range of trade events both in Ireland and abroad.
- To promote and develop tourism in Inishowen in an environmental/green sustainable way.
- To provide opportunities for businesses in Inishowen to diversify into the tourism sector and to support and assist where possible new ventures.
- To work collaboratively with Failte Ireland & Donegal Tourism to promote Inishowen as a key destination on the Wild Atlantic Way.
- To communicate, network and build relationships with the local community groups; collaborate on events/tourism activity within the peninsula.
- To scope out new opportunities for the trade in training and development.
- To reduce seasonality and promote Inishowen as a year round tourism destination.
- To develop the www.govisitinishowen.com website in line with new technologies, content and social media trends.
The employee roles that achieve these objectives are: