Explore Inishowen CLG’s main function is to provide an exemplary service in terms of customer information for the visitor to our region. Marketing Inishowen as a top tourist destination; planning and co-ordinating the development of tourism within the area is paramount. Organisational objectives are:-
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure a successful and prosperous tourism sector for the peninsula tying in with countywide, cross border and national initiatives.
- Supporting the provision of a first rate experience for the visitor with examples of distinctive visitor experiences
- Promotion of the tourism products to maximise on future tourism trends, offering eco friendly product, rich in authenticity and memorable experiences with diverse activity that lead the way in terms of dynamic packaging for the next generation of tourists.
The ‘Go Visit Inishowen’ brand promotes the tourism product/service provision within the communities of Inishowen. The peninsula offers a fascinating history and cultural experience, Inishowen is Ireland’s secret jewel. Rich in rugged & breath taking landscape; it is unspoiled and displays a natural rugged beauty. The Inishowen Peninsula is an ideal destination for those seeking a range of visitor experiences that includes accommodation, attractions, culture, heritage and many outdoor activities.
Key objectives of marketing strategy:
- To develop the ‘Go Visit Inishowen’ brand and deploy targeted and effective 5 year strategic development plan.
- To use the latest in digital marketing technologies and trends to reach a wide online audience to promote Inishowen.
- To introduce a range of print media marketing material to compliment the online campaigns where possible for the visitor in the tourist office.
- To promote Inishowen at a range of trade events both in Ireland and abroad.
- To promote and develop tourism in Inishowen in an environmental/green sustainable way.
- To provide opportunities for businesses in Inishowen to diversify into the tourism sector and to support and assist where possible new ventures.
- To work collaboratively with Failte Ireland & Donegal Tourism to promote Inishowen as a key destination on the Wild Atlantic Way.
- To communicate, network and build relationships with the local community groups; collaborate on events/tourism activity within the peninsula.
- To scope out new opportunities for the trade in training and development.
- To reduce seasonality and promote Inishowen as a year round tourism destination.
- To develop the www.govisitinishowen.com website in line with new technologies, content and social media trends.
The employee roles that achieve these objectives are:
The Programme Manager, Heidi Woods, is responsible for carrying out a strategic role in planning and development involving liaising with local businesses and the tourism trade, the public and public agencies of the tourism industry. The Programme Manager is responsible for the training and development of employees; to encourage networking and economic growth in the peninsula as part of the promotional goals. Building a sustainable organisation to service the needs of the trade and visitors is paramount to this development role.
Marketing & Digital Officer
The Marketing and Digital Officer, is responsible for supporting the development, strategic planning, and management of all marketing and brand communications through print media, digital media, website, and social media platforms. It involves setting up, selling and executing a vision, from delivering stand alone projects to integrated campaigns, developing brand presence, measuring and reporting on performance. The Marketing and Digital Officer role will be responsible for delivering the marketing objectives cohesively with the digital campaigns agreed with the Programme Manager and relevant stakeholders, the local community and in line with Explore Inishowen’s CLG Marketing Plan. Training and development to encourage networking and economic growth in the peninsula are part of the promotional goals.
Visitor Experience Assistant
Reports to Programme Manager/ Paddy Doherty. CE Scheme - Part time (19.50 hours per week).
The Visitor Experience Assistant, Monica, is responsible for the growth of economic and social contribution of tourism to the Inishowen region, by working cohesively as part of the team delivering a destination development plan that harnesses key opportunities, incremental tourism revenue and visitor numbers. The Visitor Experience Assistant is responsible for supporting the Visitor Experience & Trade Liaison Officer and will play a key role in providing a high-quality and engaging experience for visitors liaising with local businesses, community groups, the public and public agencies of the tourism industry. Contributing to the building of Inishowen as a sustainable destination, the Visitor Experience Assistant should be self-motivated, able to set and achieve goals and use time and efforts effectively and efficiently. He/She should have sound selling skills and strong product/service knowledge, and be able to adapt what they sell or promote to meet specific client needs.
The Administration Officer, Glenda Dowling, is responsible for supporting the Programme Manager in terms of the budgetary requirements and accounting duties associated with the organisation whilst playing a key role in providing a high-quality and engaging experience for trade/visitor and responsible for supporting the Programme Manager in the development of relationships with local businesses, local community groups, the public and public agencies of the tourism industry. Training and development to encourage networking and economic growth in the Peninsula are part of the promotional goals. Building a sustainable destination for the future needs of the visitors is paramount to this development role.